Breakfast is the first meal of the day. The word is a compound of "break" and "fast," referring to the conclusion of fasting since the previous day's last meal. Breakfast meals vary widely in different cultures around the world but often include a carbohydrate such as cereal or rice, fruit and/or vegetables, protein, sometimes dairy, and a drink. Nutritional experts have referred to breakfast as the most important meal of the day. This is based on studies of the large numbers of people in the West who skip breakfast, to adverse effect on their concentration, metabolism and weight. The list of recipes below, include breakfasts from various parts of the world, together with foreign dishes, which whilst they may not be traditionally eaten at breakfast in their countries of origin, they would be considered suitable breakfasts in the UK.
Pages in category ‘Breakfast recipes’
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- Paleo sausage muffin with smashed avocado
- Pan al vapor (Steamed bread) (TM)
- Pan con Tomate
- Pan con Tomate (V)
- Bacon banana pancakes
- Philadelphia breakfast muffins
- Philadelphia cheese, beans and chorizo on toast
- Scottish porridge
- Galettes de pommes de terre luxembourgeoises (Luxembourg potato cakes)
- Potrawka letnia (Summer soup)