The basic dressing I usually use is just orange juice, homey and a splash of olive oil. This time I've used half a teaspoon of dark soy sauce, it adds a salty, rich flavours. Play around with your favourite flavourings.
The quantities should serve four, but the tow of us can normally manage to eat it all!
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 small to medium carrots, peeled and finely grated
- Three mint leaves, deveined and finely chopped
- A small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 scant teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of dark soy sauce
- Mix the carrots, onions and herbs together
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together into a dressing - if the honey is quite set then microwave for 10 seconds to soften
- Mix the dressing in with the salad and chill in the fridge if you have the time.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#carrotonionandmintsalad #salad #darksoysauce #honey #oliveoil #carrots #lemonjuice #onions #snacksandlightbites #recipes #fridge