Cuban carne con papas
- 1 tablespoon Goya® Adobo sin Pimienta or Adobo con Habanero
- 2 tablespoons plain flour or plantain flour
- oil for frying
- 450g (1 lb) stewing steak
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 250ml dry white wine
- 125ml sweet white wine
- 175g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 250ml stock or water
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- Spanish olives to taste
- Mix adobo and flour, and use to coat beef cubes.
- Brown the beef in oil till browned on all sides. Add in all remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer. When the potatoes are soft, the meat will be finished too.
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cubancarneconpapas #beef #potatoes #drywhitewine #plantainflour #stock #flour #stewing #spanish #rice #plainflour