Crispy baked potatoes stuffed with corn beef hash
This recipe needs advance preparation!
This is not the Jamie Oliver 30 minutes version. This takes a lot longer, however, if you have the time it is well worth the wait. Most of the time is spent waiting, not doing so it's still an easy meal.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 x 340 g tin of corned beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed, optional
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt the Jacket potatoes as show here
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Ideally for really crispy potatoes, cook them for 1 hour 20 minutes - the 3 hours preparation time includes salting the potatoes
- Splash a little olive oil in a baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Prick the tomatoes a few times to stop them splitting. Add them to the tray and toss them in the seasoned oil. We will add these to the oven for the final 20 minutes of cooking.
- If you have salted the potatoes first, wash the salt off and pat them dry.
- Place them on a grill tray at the top part of a preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Heat a few tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan or a wok, season with freshly ground black pepper and fry the onions for 7 minutes adding the garlic during the final few minutes.
- Roughly chop the corned beef and add to the onions and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, carefully remove the potatoes from the oven and cut into halves. Scoop out the cooked potato and add to the corned beef with a good splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- If the hash is not ready, return the potato skins to the top of the oven to keep them crispy. At the same time, add the tray of tomatoes to the bottom of the oven.
- Turn the heat up under the corned beef and let it crisp for a few minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent it sticking.
- Fill the potato skins with the corned beef hash and return to the top of the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the 15 minutes is up, fry the eggs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#oliveoil #cornedbeef #potato #crispybakedpotatoesstuffedwithcornbeefhash #cornedbeefhash #tomatoes #bakedpotatoes #onions #potatoes #fry #worcestershiresauce