Chillies in a garlic and cheese sauce
- 4 fresh green chillies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fat cloves of Garlic
- 250 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 g Jarlsberg cheese or Gruyere cheese, grated
- 50 ml sour cream
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 15 ml Tequila
- Rub the skins off the tomatoes and chillies - use rubber gloves if your skin is sensitive and don't run your eyes!
- Slice the tomatoes and chillies and scoop out and discard the seeds
- Cut the chillies and tomatoes into thin strips
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic and onions for 5 minutes until soft
- Turn down the heat and add the cheese, sour and double cream and stir until the cheese has melted and combined.
- Just before serving, mix in the tequila and add the tomato and chilli strips.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Try and use plain, unsalted tortilla chips as most commercial tortilla chips are coated with a disgusting powder that purports to be flavouring, which masks the delicious corn flavour. If you do,find them, let me know where you get them from!
Sprinkle a little homemade Tex-Mex seasoning on the surface.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#tortillachips #tomatoes #chilliesinagarlicandcheesesauce #chillies #garlic #tequila #doublecream #pitta #grated #jarlsbergcheese #cheese