Chicken livers, grilled Chinese style
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 450 g (1lb) chicken livers, trimmed, roughly chopped, washed and allowed to dry
- 2 tablespoons (45 ml) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (45 ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) minced ginger root
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry sherry
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Good pinch of fine sea salt
- Parboil the chicken livers for 3 minutes then drain well in sieve
- Add the remaining ingredients to a Lock & Lock-style box, mix well, add the chicken livers, replace the lid and shake like crazy!
- Leave to marinade in the refrigerator for 3 hours or more.
- Drain the marinade and discard
- Spray or lightly oil a hot griddle pan and spread the chicken livers evenly over the hot surface.
- Griddle for 8 minutes, turning once
Grill for 8 minutes, turning once
Add to a Lock and Lock-style box...
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chickenlivers #chickenliversgrilledchinesestyle #eggfriedrice #grilled #spray #sieve #darksoysauce #chinese #marinade #griddle #skewers