This recipe is very loosely based on almogrote, a cheese and garlic sauce from La Gomera in the Canary Islands.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of sherry vinegar
- 230g of Jarlsberg cheese
- 6 fat garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of paprika powder
- 1 dried Chile de Arbole, ground to powder in a coffee grinder
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Blend the cheese, garlic, salt, paprika and powdered chili in a food processor with a blade to a rice-like consistency.
- Add the egg yolk and sherry vinegar and drizzle the olive oil very slowly into the running blender as though making mayonnaise.
- If it splits, another egg yolk or a teaspoon of warm water will normally rescue it.
- A huge variety of different mayonnaise recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#eggyolk #jarlsbergcheese #foodprocessor #sherryvinegar #oliveoil #cheesegarlicandchilimayonnaise #blender #garlic #pestleandmortar #chiledearbole #coffeegrinder