Air Fried Panchphoran Aloo (Potatoes In Whole Spices)
If you don't have an airfryer this could just as easily be done as a pan-fried dish, probably reduce the size of the potato chunks and also reduce the cooking time slightly too.
- 900g Cara potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, about half the size of a small roast potato
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 thin green indian chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon white cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon nigella seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Add the olive oil, potatoes and garlic to your air-fryer
- This recipe is best suited to a paddle-type air fryer, otherwise you are going to have to keep mixing the potatoes very often
- Set the air-fryer to the about 200° C
- Cook them for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes shake in all of the spice mixture and cook for a further 10 to 20 minutes until they are slightly crispy
- Serve immediately
All of the spices!
After 35 minutes in the air-fryer
- Based on a recipe I saw Nigella Lawson doing on her TV program.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #potatoesinwholespices #airfriedpanchphoranaloopotatoesinwholespices #nigella #seeds #airfryer #oliveoil #ghee #spice #vegetarianrecipes #clovesofgarlic